Nau mai, haere mai, and welcome
We are delighted to share details of the DSO’s 2022 concerts and activities.
The power of live orchestral music to entertain and engage with a diverse range of people has been especially evident in our recent uncertain times. This ability of live music to connect people and contribute to society’s well-being has underpinned the selection of our outstanding 2022 conductors and soloists, and of the repertoire to entertain and inspire you - our audiences.
Outside the DSO concert hall are projects to further diversify DSO audiences and to upskill developing musicians: a tour to schools in Dunedin and beyond, a concert for the very young, as well as partnerships with Alzheimers Otago, the University of Otago, NZ Opera and Dunedin Arts Festival.
To all our subscribers, ticket buyers, business partners, donors, funders and volunteer supporters – thank you. Your dedicated support is integral to our musical success, and we can’t wait for you to join us to experience the power of music for yourself.
We look forward to welcoming you to a DSO concert soon. Kia manahau.
Megan Bartlett - Chair of the DSO Board
Philippa Harris – General Manager
Become a Concert Series subscriber
For as little as $30 per concert ($26 for Concessions) you can enjoy a world of superb orchestral music and world-class artists right here in Dunedin.
- Early-bird savings of up to 36% on single concert ticket prices.
- Flexibility – attend between two or more concerts at discounted prices.
- Guaranteed seating – secure in advance the best available seats for the season.
- Book from home – subscribe by booking on-line, by email, by phone, or by post.
- Personalised service – reserve your seats directly with the DSO.
- Golden Circle bonus – International Series subscribers seated in this area also receive a free programme and complimentary glass of wine or juice at these concerts.
- Special offers of discounted ticket prices and priority booking periods to other DSO concerts.
- Newsletters – subscribers also receive free DSO Newsletters, keeping you up-to-date with the Orchestra’s news and activities.
Pick and mix – only $34 per concert for a seat in any area (subject to availability)
With a Flexi-Ticket Voucher, you can choose one seat per concert to any three concerts in our International and Matinee Series.
- First, complete the Flexi-Ticket Voucher section on the booking form in this brochure and send that (by post or email) to the DSO along with your payment. Alternatively, you can book your Flexi-Ticket Voucher online on our website www.dso.org.nz. We will then send you your Flexi-Ticket Voucher.
- Once you have received your Flexi-Ticket Voucher from us, the next step is to reserve the specific seats for your chosen concerts. Take your Flexi-Ticket Voucher to the Regent Theatre Box Office (hours: Weekdays 9.00 am – 5.30 pm. Saturdays 10.30 am – 1.00 pm). The Regent Theatre will then provide you with your concert tickets (booking fees may apply).
- These bookings can be made from Wednesday 25 May onwards, the start of the Flexi priority booking period. (Public sales open on Monday 30 May.)
These will be available only for individual concert ticket sales from 30 May onwards, i.e. not as a concert series subscription.
Great birthday or other gift! Looking for a raffle prize?
Gift vouchers are available for the orchestra’s concerts and make a superb birthday or other celebratory gift.
To purchase a voucher, please contact us.Contact us
Important Dates - Ngā rā Whakamaumahara
Tuesday 26 April
Deadline for renewing 2021 subscribers to retain the same seats they booked last year.
Wednesday 25 May until Saturday 28 May
Priority period for individual series concert ticket sales for Flexi-Ticket Voucher holders. Please note that ticket sales during this period are available only for purchases made in person at the Regent Theatre.
Monday 30 May
Individual Series Concerts on sale
Public sales of tickets for individual concerts in the 2022 concert series will be on sale from 30 May.
Please note that programmes and artists are subject to change
Keep current about all things DSO.
2021 Dunedin Symphony Orchestra
(Registered as Dunedin Civic Orchestra Incorporated. Registered charity CC34031.)
PO Box 5571
65 Hanover Street